Tuesday, September 11, 2012

5k.

I am so incredibly excited! This year, since it would not be very easy to participate in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day due to law school, I have decided to run in the Komen Race for the Cure. It has now been 7 weeks since surgery and while I run more than a 5k on my workout days, I am feeling as though this run will be very special even though it is short. I am running as a changed woman for all of the women in my family affected by this disease, as well as my friends, and now I have a new group of women that I will be running for. To my fellow Pink Moon Lovelies, I will be carrying each of your stories in my heart as I run.

I set a low fundraising goal because I know that times are tough for others. I am almost to my goal which would provide one potentially lifesaving diagnostic mammogram. I just wanted people to know about this event so that they could potentially participate and/or to let others know that I'm still in this fight! Thank you to everyone who has continued to cheer me on throughout my own recovery so that I am able to inspire and inform others. I could not have done this without that support!

http://sandiego.info-komen.org/site/TR/RacefortheCure/SAN_SanDiegoAffiliate?px=5590842&pg=personal&fr_id=2601

No comments:

Post a Comment